THE START – WARWICK CASTLE
GATES OPEN AT 07:30AM – GATES CLOSED AT 08:45AM
- The ONLY entrance to the start of the Run is via the Warwick Castle Stratford Road Entrance. Post code CV34 6AH
The Castle's normal car-park barriers (both entrance and exit) located inside the main entrance will open for free passage between 7:15am and 8:30am on the morning of the Run; this is to allow Runners who are getting a lift to the Start to be dropped off in safety. Runners should not be dropped off on Stratford Road to avoid causing congestion and a danger to themselves and to other road users. For the duration of the Run and until their return to Warwick, Runners may leave their cars parked in the Castle's public car-parking areas located inside the entrance barrier and accessed from the main Stratford Road entrance; please follow the marshals' instructions. Car-parking spaces are limited so please consider car-sharing or being dropped off, where possible. Runners will need to be back at Warwick Castle to collect any vehicle left parked for the duration of the Run by 12:30 - the exit barrier will be manned, until then, by Warwick Castle staff who will allow free exit on production of a Runner's Number. Any car not collected by that time will be at risk of incurring the normal exit charge (£6) for parking in the Castle's Stratford Road car-park.
- Runners on foot should follow the same route and keep to the RIGHT to avoid car traffic.
- Runners are also requested to keep the size of any kit bag to a minimum - there will be a security presence and there may be random searches which could cause delay and you are asked to allow sufficient time to arrive and to proceed to the start area.
Please follow the signs to the Start. For map please see below. Allow at least 5 minutes to jog from Stratford Road car park and 20 minutes from any other parking. Please note the gate from the car park into Warwick Castle will be closed at 8.45 am. No entry can be allowed after this time. Without your race number you will not be allowed into the Warwick Castle grounds. If you have found a substitute he/she MUST have your number to gain entry into Warwick Castle.
- Sufficient time should be allowed for drop off, parking and getting to the start, finish or vantage point. It is suggested you aim to arrive within the grounds of Warwick Castle via the Stratford Road entrance ONLY by 8.15am.
- Ensure appropriate clothing is worn to allow for adverse weather conditions.
- The Warwickshire Golf Club will again provide staff to help you with the warm-up.
- The disposable electronic timing chip will be attached to your bib number. Please dispose of this if you wish in the bins provided outside the finish compound but you will need your number to collect your kit.
- Bags with labels will be available to transport kit to the finish but see above regarding possible check being made. Please put your Run number on the label provided and stick/tie it). firmly to the plastic bag also provided. The vans will be located in Warwick Castle and well-marked. At the finish, the location of the kit in Kenilworth Castle will be marked.
- Locations of toilets will be signposted. THERE MAY BE QUEUES SO PLEASE CHECK WHICH OTHERS ARE AVAILABLE
- FOR SAFETY REASONS Please allow faster runners to line up at the front and comply with the signs that indicate your estimated finish time.
- Runners with push chairs or similar should start at the rear for safety reasons and be aware of any runners being passed during the race.
Next: The Route