THE START – WARWICK CASTLE
GATES OPEN AT 07:30AM – GATES CLOSED AT 08:45AM
- The ONLY entrance to the start of the Run is via the Warwick Castle Stratford Road Entrance. Post code CV34 6AH
- Health & Safety concerns require that Drivers must not stop and drop off runners at the kerbside on Stratford Road as it causes severe disruption. Drivers must follow the entrance road into the Castle car park to the runners’ drop off and turning location as indicated * on the attached map and then return to the Stratford Road. There is no charge for entering the car park for drop off but if you intend leaving your car then the usual parking charges will apply. Drive slowly as there will be many runners on the entrance roadway.
- Runners on foot should follow the same route and keep to the RIGHT to avoid car traffic.
- Runners are also requested to keep the size of any kit bag to a minimum - there will be a security presence and there may be random searches which could cause delay and you are asked to allow sufficient time to arrive and to proceed to the start area.
Please follow the signs to the Start. For map please see below. Allow at least 5 minutes to jog from Stratford Road car park and 20 minutes from any other parking. Please note the gate from the car park into Warwick Castle will be closed at 8.45 am. No entry can be allowed after this time. Without your race number you will not be allowed into the Warwick Castle grounds. If you have found a substitute he/she MUST have your number to gain entry into Warwick Castle.
- Sufficient time should be allowed for drop off, parking and getting to the start, finish or vantage point. It is suggested you aim to arrive within the grounds of Warwick Castle via the Stratford Road entrance ONLY by 8.15am.
- Ensure appropriate clothing is worn to allow for adverse weather conditions.
- Drop-off is best in Stratford Road or in the Warwick Castle car park which is accessed from Stratford Road and which is free until 9.45am from which time usual charges will apply.
- The Warwickshire Golf Club will again provide staff to help you with the warm-up.
- The disposable electronic timing chip will be attached to your bib number. Please dispose of this if you wish in the bins provided outside the finish compound but you will need your number to collect your kit.
- Bags with labels will be available to transport tracksuits, etc. to the finish. Please put your Run number on the label provided and stick it firmly to the plastic bag also provided. The vans will be located in Warwick Castle and well-marked. At the finish, the location of the kit in Kenilworth Castle will be marked. We regret that we are unable to transport cycles to Kenilworth Castle. You should leave these in the car park securely locked.
- Free Bus transport is available from Kenilworth Castle back to the island by the Start entrance to Warwick Castle.
- Locations of toilets will be signposted, there maybe queues so please please check which others are available
- Please allow serious/faster runners to line up at the front and comply with the signs that indicate your estimated finish time.
Next: The Route